- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 2 tbp of milk
- 3 drops of food coloring (optional)
- Cream room temperature butter with a hand mixer, the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, or a wooden spoon until smooth and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Add food coloring, if using, and beat for thirty seconds until smooth or until desired color is reached.