Chocolate Avocado Muffins
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ¾ tsp of baking soda
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1-2 ripe avocados
- ¾ cup of maple syrup (I usually use only ⅓ because I’m a meanie)
- ¾ cup of milk
- ⅓ cup of olive oil (when I’m feeling fancy I use melted coconut oil)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Prepare your muffin tins by greasing with non-stick cooking spray or baking liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a food processor, puree the avocado, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla extract until smooth.1
- Make a well in the dry mixture and add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Stir together with a wooden smooth until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops are slightly cracked.
- Remove from the oven and do not remove from the muffin tins for an additional 15 minutes to let them cool.
- Keep stored in an air-tight container. You can also keep them stored in the fridge…they actually taste fantastic cold!
Honestly, I just use a potato masher because I’m lazy and hate cleaning the food processor. But in warning, there will be green lumps in your finished product, haha! The butts don’t complain though ↩