- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumble (approx 4 smashed crackers)
- 1/2 cup marshmallow cut up into bits
- 20 Marshmallow slices (to top each cookie)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixer cream butter and brown sugar.
- Scrape sides and add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- In another bowl, sift together cornstarch, soda, salt, flour, and graham cracker crumble. 5.) Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture while mixing slowly.
Mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the marshmallow bits and chocolate chips.
- Scoop into 1TBSP balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Use your thumb to press down the tops of the cookies to make a well for the marshmallow slices. Squish one slice on top of each cookie ( press hard enough to make sure the dough “surrounds” the marshmallow, or else it will leak over the sides).
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. To insure that the cookies stay chewy and soft, you’ll want to pull them when the cookies are no longer glossy on the top. Don’t wait until they are golden brown! They cookies will firm up as they cool.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. Makes about 20 cookies :)