The Cake Mix
- 1 box white cake mix (16.25 ounces)
- 1 package strawberry flavored gelatin (3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh strawberry puree
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cake mix, gelatin, milk, oil, eggs and fresh strawberry puree.
- Beat on low speed until mixed, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Grease and flour two 9” round cake pans, then divide the batter evenly between the two cake pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 29 minutes, or until the top of the cake bounces back when you touch it.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 10 minutes, then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- ~1/4 cup Pureed Strawberries
- Mix Powdered Sugar and Butter in a mixer on low.
- Add Strawberry Puree until you reach the right consistency.