Homemade Frozen Pizza
- 1½ tablespoons instant dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups flour
- pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine yeast, brown sugar and water. Let rest 5 minutes (or until bubbles start to form)
- Add flour, salt and olive oil. Knead on low about 8 minutes/until the dough forms a nice, soft, somewhat sticky ball and the sides of the bowl are clean.
- Let rise covered in a lightly greased bowl 1-1.5 hours (until doubled).
- Divide the dough into desired pizza sizes and roll out on parchment paper covered trays. Let rise another 30 minutes if desired.
- 1 Extra Extra Large
- 2 Large
- 3 Medium
- Par-bake the pizza(s) ~10minutes. They should be puffy and dry on the top, but still very pale.
- Let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Top the pizza(s) with desired toppings.
- Freeze the pizza(s) uncovered, until solid
- Wrap the pizza(s) in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. (They can stay frozen up to three months)
- When ready to eat, bake from frozen at 500 degrees until cheese is browning and bubbly, about 10-15 minutes depending on size and thickness of crust.