- 3 cups of flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ¼ pound of butter
- ½ cup of milk (warm)
- 2 pounds (~6 baking potatoes)
- 2 tbsp sauteed onion
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes until softened. Blend with onion, cheese, salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Add flour, egg, salt and a small amount of water to food processor. Slowly add the rest of the ingredients. Let rest for ~20 minutes.
- Roll out dough thinly and cut out 2-inch circles. Fill and pinch (freeze at this point)
- Add pierogi to salted boiling water, 12 at a time. Cook for 10 minutes or until they float.
- Add to frying pan with butter, onion, and garlic. Cook until just brown.
★ Special Note
If not cooking from frozen, boil ~6 minutes. Pan frying is optional.